Tuesday, 31 July 2012

June and July - Work Work Work & a little bit of fun

My summer consisted of WORK! 6 day weeks to be precise :( Man was is tiring. By the end of my 8 weeks I was ready for leaving. Customers were driving me mad. Work in general was driving me mad. My last couple of weeks were a relief, getting to go to Buckie on relief and getting to serve business customers trapped away in my little box :)

In between all the stress and long long days I did get to socialise though and enjoyed many a meal out with my dear friend Tanya to our favourite place...SCRIBBLES. We always order the same thing every time we go apart from on one occasion where Tanya thought she would be brave and try something different. We spent hours and hours sitting talking every time we were there and were generally the last people to leave, we then ended up talking for hours in the car when I was dropping her home. Time just flew! Also got to spend time with my other dear friend Louise and her fiance Mark. Again meals out and also a trip to the circus made my long weeks at work that bit more bearable! I also spent many a weekend enjoying the company of my family. Friday nights became mother daughter nights with my mum when on a few occasions we treated each other to dinner and a movie.

Over the course of the 8 weeks I had a couple of nights out in Elgin but quickly realised they weren't actually as great as I remember. They were still extremely enjoyable nights but Elgin just isn't exactly full of fun being a much much smaller city than what I had become used to living in Glasgow. The nightlife differs accordingly haha

My summer also brought the JOY and EXCITEMENT of getting my flat confirmed along with a move in date :D NOT LONG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment